Manage day-to-day supplier interactions and cooperate with other functions in the divisions on purchasing related tasks and support production schedules of divisions.
Be familiar with supplier base, know the strengths and weaknesses of major suppliers, determine the main cost drivers and build action plans to maintain required quality and delivery while minimizing costs.
- Implement the global commodity strategies on division level and manage supplier base maintaining reliable and constructive relationship with suppliers.
- Manage supplier base including issue supplier LOI, LTA, Pre-Production / Pilot Purchase Order, Tooling & Gauge Order & Bailee, Production Order etc.
- Resolve supplier issues as price increase requests, quality and shipment issues in cooperation with Advanced/Strategic Purchasing and SQD.
- Maintain and review records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, and inventories.
- Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
- Take over responsibility for parts and suppliers of new programs from Advanced Purchasing for launch if launch readiness status is O.K.
- Report out market impact on components/materials and key indicators to suppliers health regularly at country/regional level.
- Identify resourcing needs and opportunities as well as possible VA/VE projects and set up implementation teams in cooperation with Strategic Purchasing.
- Create and implement material cost savings together with Strategic Purchasing.
- Collect and report purchasing related information to regional/global commodity leads, regional op. purchasing manager, regional purchasing directors.
- Train purchasing HR and build, maintain a healthy, aggressive purchasing team.
- Establish and optimize purchasing procedures and improve work instructions.
- Support quote to the customer jointly with cost estimator
- Plan and track project activities within Purchasing (internal project kick-off, etc)
- Perform and lead RFQ activities (china and export), incl. technical and commercial workshops, prepare cost comparison, organize sourcing councils, perform negotiations
- Support MPT global and domestic purchasing activities
n Ensure competitive and accurate quotes from Chinese supplier base to support new program acquisition locally and for export
n Provide clear and accurate cost breakdown to drive fact based negotiations
n Source new parts in time within finance budget/required capacity/feasibility/timing plan
- Respond to purchasing related requests from NA/EU/Asia with sense of urgency
- Maintain clear RFQ and business tracking mechanism / documentation management as well
- Ensure clear communication with NA/EU/Asia
- Mitigate supplier price increase requests by leveraging global volumes and new programs
- Accountability together with SQE for all programs sourced and all purchasing related launch activities (flaw less launch), provide accuracy and timely update
- Capability to participate on glob